Koch Media has announced that Andrew Lloyd Webber Musicals: Sing and Dance is heading for a release on Wii in just over a month. It’ll apparently feature 32 classic hits from a number of Mr. Webber’s world-famous musicals including the likes of ‘Sunset Boulevard’, ‘Evita’, ’Cats’, ‘Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat’ and ‘Jesus Christ Superstar’ and, the best of the lot, ‘The Phantom of the Opera’. C’mon, you know it is.
Paul Nicholls, the Sales and Marketing Director at Koch Media, commented:
“This is a fabulous signing for us. Andrew Lloyd Webber and his creations are a British institution that have been enjoyed by generations across the world. The chance to bring this product to market for the Nintendo Wii is both an honour and hugely exciting.”
The game will apparently feature three main game modes: ‘Dance’, ‘Sing’ and ‘Career’, allowing players to, well, dance and sing their way to “musical fame and fortune”. We’re not entirely sure about fortune, but if you’re one of those people that shouts instead of sings and plan to play the game late at night, then you certainly will be famous, with the neighbours at least.
Sing and Dance will incorporate both single-player and multiplayer aspects, with the latter allowing up to three other players to join in with the fun. Here’s a list of game features:
- 32 classic Andrew Lloyd Webber hits from 13 musicals, including Evita, Jesus Christ Superstar, The Phantom of the Opera, Cats, Starlight Express and Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat
- Music from award winning artists including Elaine Paige, Michael Crawford, Boyzone, Donny Osmond, David Essex and Sarah Brightman
- 3 Game modes: ‘Dance’, ‘Sing’ and ‘Career’
- Solo mode or compete against friends and family on the 4 player mode
- Exclusively for Nintendo Wii
- Compatible with all Nintendo approved USB microphones.
The Tubby Games-developed Andrew Lloyd Webber Musicals: Sing and Dance will land on September 14th, exclusively for Wii.